Friday 9 December 2011

Chaning times and friendships


"What hurts the most is when you were once so close and now have nothing to say.
But watch each other walk away."





I sit beside the sea as my gaze rests upon the sun which spreads it arms on the sea and colors the faded sky. My ears mute to the beautiful scene in front of me. I toss away my hair as they fall on my face and obstruct the view. Before I knew it, I was lost in though and I was taken back to the visual when I and my three other friends would come here not long back.
I suck my breath as I narrate this incident and my heart skips a beat.
I was pretty different from what I am now. Others opinions didn’t really bother me. I wasn’t affected by anyone’s love, like or dislike. Gossiping was the last thing on my list. Every evening I would go out with my three friends. We would laugh; play pranks on people and crack jokes. We were inseparable
We came to the sea side every evening and watch the waves as they hit the shore with great intensity. The month of August and its rains couldn’t disrupt our meetings. We made excuses, lied to our parents and bunked our tuitions. It was just because we enjoyed each other’s company. There was no formality.

A gentle breeze stirred me awake from this whirlwind of thoughts that had engulfed me completely. It was then I realized that things have drastically changed now. And no matter how much I try, that time can never be brought back.
I sit and wonder what happened to that friendship? Is it still imprinted in our minds or did it get perished in the shore of time?

2 comments: