Monday 9 June 2014

Writing this post, would be difficult.
This was the first thought that had come to my mind when i had logged into my account after a month long break from writing.
Why? is the question that would immediately pop up in your head. But I would ask you to hold on there, as it is quite a task for me to conceal the jubilation that i am feeling at this precise moment. Another interrogative, but answering that may make me seem like a braggart (mind you! i am extremely conscious about my blogger image)

Amid st the phantasmagoria that engulfs my mind, I would like to rewind a year back,when I had just entered class 12th. Changing schools had never been easy, but to say that changing school in the last year of school life was an ordeal, would be an understatement. I had to constantly juggle between academics which demanded extra attention now, and also peer pressure and jealousy ,something that is inevitable in high school. Also, the burden of sky high expectations from teachers, parents and 'well-wishers' weighed heavily on my shoulders. Bad grades, excess competition, insecurities and my non-existent social life worsened the matter, I often found myself crying to myself at night, trying to reason with the hundreds of 'what ifs?'  that would frequently pop up in my head.

As board exams inched closer, the level of anxiety zoomed. The number of study hours increased, and TV hours became negligible. Hundreds of phone calls, doubt classes and question answer sessions occupied my time table. But on the day of the first exam,I was rather surprised to see my anxiety level nosedive to a shocking 0."I have given my best, leaving God to the rest." Are the words that I had uttered before entering the examination hall.

 I remember myself crying after my English and Accountancy board exam which had not gone as well as I had expected them to go. But all this is history now. I'm proud, not only because of my result, but because I gave in all that I could, worked as hard as I could and saw a facet of myself which was alien to me. I'm glad that I surpassed the benchmark set by my parents and teachers.

The crux of the post would be that , you have one life. No matter what you do, learn to do it to the best of your abilities. Challenge yourself, and surprise yourself. With constant determination, focus and the blessing of your loved ones you can surely move mountains! Even as everything ends, If you can proudly say that you have done your best, you have emerged victorious.




No comments:

Post a Comment