Saturday 28 September 2013

So much has been written about 'being real', 'being true to yourself' and 'being who you are' that it makes me want to question my own beliefs. We live in a society that scrutinizes every decision we make and never restrains from making judgement. Every movement of ours is guided by the societies point of view and not our own conscience. In this kind of environment, the question that crops up is that "Should we blindly follow our desires or some actions should be guided by he society as well?"

The truth is that I cannot answer this question. Like any other poet or author I could have concealed the truth with layers of diplomacy, but not long time back I had taken a vow to be true to myself. And standing by it, I wont let my thoughts wander away far from reality. Right now, I am facing the same dilemma. School will end in a few months and a new journey will began. The decision to be taken in a matter of a few weeks, will have the power to change the course of the rest of my life. One wrong decision might have serious repercussions. So right now, my heart wanders in one direction and my mind sways in other, but I'm pretty sure I know what will keep me happy in the long run.

Nupur

1 comment:

  1. Find a middle path. One that is not against the society nor against what your heart desires. I know, it's easier said that done. But, this is what I try and strive for each time.

    ReplyDelete