Wednesday 22 May 2013

In my own little world

It's 12:40 am and I am hovering through my Facebook news feed. A lot of people are online, some known and some not so known. Yet I don't feel like striking a conversation with anyone.

Has it ever happened to you that suddenly you feel like detaching yourself from everybody? You want to run away from everything and find peace in your own little world. You don't want 1000 friends on face book who will like your photos, but that one friend who will like you for who you are. You crave for acceptance and love. Maybe I'm going through the same phase. In my early teenage years, I always had an urge to expand my circle of friends. I prided myself on having 300 plus friends on social networking sites when I was thirteen. I would proudly say that I have friends from all parts of India. I would stay in touch with everybody and make new friends every time I could. Well, that was three years ago,when I was on the brink of teenage.

Things have changed a lot since then. I don't feel like adding more people in my friend list now. Both in and outside face book. I want to nurture my friendship with my little group of friends who like me for who I am and have accepted me that way. The rest of the world doesn't matter anymore. The past 2 years have been the most defining years of my life. In the process of growing up, I have learnt to love myself. I no longer hate myself for my clumsiness or foot in mouth attitude. I have accepted myself with my little flaws and I expect the same attitude from the people close to me. My circle of friends has contracted, but I'm closer to my true friends now. The emotional turmoil has ended and I feel much better now. The more time you spend with the people who love you, the more you start loving yourself. It is now I have understood the meaning of this phase, and well I am living it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment