Thursday 11 October 2012

To my sister...

                               

To my sister

My little sister screams in delight,
as 15 candles adorn her cake.
Between the celebration I pulled her aside,
And said listen to me for your sake.

This is something I never told you,
It is a part of me which is unseen.
I too had fallen in love once,
It happened when I was fifteen.

Years ago I too fell in love,
A love so passionate and intense.
And even today, years later,
The only emotion I feel is repentance.

Behind my back he was someone else,
Different individual on my face.
Even as the years roll by,
nothing fills the empty space.

I did everything to make it last,
I fell on my feet.
After being a subject to his sheer disregard,
I finally accepted my defeat.

He tore me, ripped me, broke me down
into a  million pieces.
No matter how much I try to forget,
The pain never ceases.

So fall in love, but at the right time.
This age is too tender to bear pain.
Cause once you completely surrender to love,
You lose a part of yourself you will never regain.

-Nupur

(Strictly fictional)


2 comments:

  1. Love is a beautiful thing and nothing is sweeter than love in all its rawness of the teens :) On the other hand, there's nothing that hurts as much as the love gone wrong and trust broken at such a tender age...

    ReplyDelete